Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yay Passover


It's that special time of the year again...yes, you've guessed it:  Passover, and while in years past I have resigned myself to eating the bread of affliction for a week, I tried to funk it up this year.  This almond tort has no matzah in it, in any form, which I am incredibly happy about because I am already sick of this unleavened bread.  It came out incredibly moist and delicious, and gained the thumb of approval from my fellow tribesmen at school.  Enjoy...

Ingredients

1 Cup Almond Meal/Ground Blanched Almonds
1/2 Cup Sugar
Teaspoon Vanilla Powder (if you have it.  You could use something like cocoa powder as a substitute for example)
2 Large Eggs
Stick of Unsalted Butter

Instructions
Mix together almond meal, sugar, vanilla powder and eggs.  Beat in butter at room temperature.  Place batter in 9 inch round, bottom lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.  Garnish with fruit as you like and 2 tablespoons of apricot preserves and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice microwaved for 45 seconds as glaze.


Music:  Clem Snide - The Junky Jews



1 comment:

Sasha said...

Ben! I want to make everything on this blog, because it all looks so good.
Also, I got good feedback about the Passover tart you made. I wish I tried some.

:)
-Sasha