Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pomegranate Teriyaki Chicken



This idea just popped in my head.  I had a bunch of pomegranate juice in the house and was in the mood for some teriyaki, so I thought the combination would bode well.  I looked at how to make a basic teriyaki sauce on several sites, and the recipes were all similar or the same.  This Food Network link is the recipe I followed most closely for teriyaki sauce.

Ingredients

1/3 Cup of Soy Sauce
3/8 Cup Pomegranate Juice 
2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Rice Vinegar
1/2 Spoonful of Minced Garlic (I didn't have any garlic cloves in the house-probably use 1 or 2)
6 Boneless Chicken Breasts 


Instructions

Mix sauce, pomegranate juice, brown sugar, rice vinegar and garlic until all the sugar has dissolved.  Marinate chicken breasts in the concoction in a resealable bag for several hours.  Bake chicken with marinade in a pan for approximately 35 minutes at 350 degrees
I thought it came out pretty well.  Next time I would have added some more pomegranate juice for a more intense flavor, but definitely good.  I served it topped with sesame seeds with some greens and Israeli couscous with roasted nuts on the side.

Music:  Lupe Fiasco - Paris/Tokyo 

No comments: